Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mobile Em's

Yes, I have to admit it. Little 5 month old Emma is now crawling. She can move across the room in no time at all. But she doesn't do it for just anything, she has to have something to motivate her. Her favorite motivators are electronics. Especially the expensive types, like our new computer which of course doesn't go over to well with either Jeff or I. She also likes the cell phone, the remote controls and her wipe container that her cousin Savanah covered in smiley face stickers. She kind of presses her face into the ground and pushes up with her feet. It is so darn cute. Although I really wish she would have waited a bit and given me some time to enjoy her being a baby! She really loves our pictures on our bookcase and the other night she crawled over to them and bumped her head on the bottom edge of it. She started to cry and I felt so bad that I hadn't baby proofed the house. I figured that I wouldn't have to do that until at least a couple more months. I guess this weekend I need to make sure that there are no little things that she can pick up and put in her mouth, since that is exactly what she does with every little thing she grabs. Although at times this crawling thing makes it a little harder to watch her, I do have to say that I am one proud Mommy!
So lately we have started to hang out with our next door neighbors that live like inches away from us. I can't tell you why we have lived here for eight months and just now started to be friends. We were both pregnant at the same time and had our babies 3 days apart! She was suppose to have hers 3 weeks after mine but she ended up having her 3 days before. At the time I wasn't too happy. But now it is awsome. Emma has a instant BFF! It's fun for them to be able to interact with each other and fun for us to be able to talk about what is happening in their lives because they are the same age!
As a side note, this weekend is Jeff's 25th birthday! He is a quarter of a century old!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so excited you have a blog! Emma is so beautiful and sounds like she's a pretty good baby. I didn't even realize she was born around the time ours is supposed to come. I still wish we lived by you guys so we could see you!

Kellie Knapp said...

ok you so need to add the bowl picture to this entry.. I'll email it to you. ps. your neighbors sound hot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendle said...

Love the make over to the blog!