So I can't believe that Emma will be 11 months in like 5 days! The 9 months I was pregnant with her seemed to go by sooo slow and the time since she was born has flown by so fast. So I thought that I would tell you guys a little of the things that she has been doing lately.
Words she can say-Dad, ball, bear, duck and of course her favorite, dog. She absolutely loves baths and swimming pools and cries when it is time to get out. She knows where the bathroom is and is always begging us to let her in to take a bath. I think it is probably time to enroll her in swimming lessons. Also a few days ago she got her first tooth! Since it took soo long to come I was constantly thinking of what I would do if her baby teeth never came in at all. All of the other babies I knew had gotten their teeth at like 4-6 months and here Emma is at 10 months as still no toothies. But not to worry now, she has her first bottom tooth and is working on her other bottom tooth. Just don't ask to see it because she locks her jaw and won't let you see it. She also has been walking like crazy! I am not just talking about a couple steps then falling. She is full out walking. She used to just walk when we stood her up. But now she does it on her own. She can't stand up by herself yet, but all she needs is something to hold onto to pull herself up and then she will take off across the room. I will try to post a video sometime later this week. Her hair is starting to grow little by little and it seems to be coarse and thick, maybe she will have curly hair like her Dad's! Either way, for the time being it is super blonde. Also, she has started to lose her taste for formula and the baby food in jars. Did this happen to anyone else?! It is driving me crazy. It is really hard to think of food that a baby with one tooth(just barley) can eat. I've thought of hot dogs, toast, waffles, cheese, yogurt. Does anyone have anything that they have fed their kids?! I just need some more options to keep her healthy. Anyway, that is pretty much what has been going on with Emma Jayne. I will try to post a few things she has been doing with every post I do. Hopefully I will remember!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Almost 11 months!
written for you by Jeff and Holly at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Emma sounds adorable Holly and I'm sure you're such a good mom. I'm having a baby shower mid October and am pretty excited for it. Pregnancy does seem to last forever! I'm sure it will all be worth it though
Emma is so cute. It is totally hard to keep a variety with stuff they eat. Ella really liked cottage cheese, applesauce, and fruits mashed up really good, and mashed pototoes at that age.
I feed Maisey some diced apples, peaches, and carrots (all come in little Gerber baby food jars). Mais totally outgrew the food from jars too. She doesn't like to be fed. Everyonce in a while she lets me feed her yogurt (I buy Yo-Baby yogurt, made especially for babies 9 mo. and older)
Umm we feed ashlynn a lot of cooked pasta- Gerber even makes like ravioli's. Then also pears and peaches and grapes with the skin removed. She also liked cooked egg yoke (i guess your suppose to wait till after a year to give them the egg whites. Oh and cereal- cheerios, kixs-that sort of thing.
Post a Comment